The last few weeks, I couldn’t help but hear my inner dialogue screaming negativity. So much about my inability to find work, encounter a romantic partner, live in a comfortable environment, etc. Fate brought me in contact with Louise Hay’s You Can Heal Your Life. This book has been life-changing. The main philosophy in this writing is re-imprinting the brain so that it thinks positively about self and self’s reflections (friends, family, employers, co-workers, neighbors, community, etc).
Re-imprinting the brain can be fun. Throughout the day, I’ll sing songs such as “I accept myself” or “I am sexy”. Overtime, though, a wall might be hit. Your emotional center, otherwise known as the Will, might say, “This positive affirmation is total bullshit right now.” What a perfect time to actually start screaming and beating pillows. By doing so, space opens up. Each scream and each lashing of the pillow, you are moving through the energy of “this positive affirmation is bullshit.” This might be a judgment but we all wish to approve of ourselves. We all wish to be sexy. Okay maybe we don’t all wish to porn stars or supermodels but sexy, yes. Sexy to our partners. Sexy to ourselves as we look in the mirror.
My suggestions to all who care about healing:
1. Pick up a copy of You Can Heal Your Life.
2. Come to understand your limiting beliefs such as “I am not sexy” or “I need the approval of others to get by in life”.
3. Change it to a positive affirmation.
4. Say it over and over again.
5. Should your emotional center say this is bullshit, get to a safe spot, beat a pillow, scream till tears come streaming down your cheeks.
6. Say the positive affirmation again. It should feel more true. If not, repeat screaming and beating of pillows.
How I strongly wish healing for this planet and everyone on it. Thank you and love to you all for reading this.